Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Ishigaki Beef Hamburger The “Holy Cow” Burger in Chatan

Fresh Cream Cheese Burger
Posted by Mari rita Tobaru

When you live in a country from an early 

age where there are many fast food establishments and restaurants serving many different types of hamburgers, you tend to look for good burgers everywhere you go. To me, burgers bring back good memories of family barbecues in Guam and in the United States. I still remember the culture shock I experienced when I found out that no McDonalds existed in Thailand when I moved there with my family 30 years ago. (One opened the following year.) After experiencing a country with no hamburger establishments, I was extremely happy when I came to Okinawa because there were fast-food restaurants (that I was familiar with) that served hamburgers. 
Hamburgers are now evolving in Japan. Just last year, I saw a magazine introducing all the best burgers served in Japan. I did my own research and personally found four hamburger restaurants in Okinawa. Out of the four, one restaurant named “Ishigaki-jima Kitchen Bin” serves a great large juicy burger made from Okinawa’s specialty, Ishigaki Beef! At this restaurant, burgers are made using Ishigaki Beef, fresh lettuce, tomatoes, onions and toppings like avocado, bacon and cheese or fresh cream cheese, combined and stacked together to create a mouthwatering American-style burger. Try this special Ishigaki Beef burger when in the area! You won’t regret it!




 Ishigakijima Kitchen Bin
1-11-21 Chatan, Chatan-cho
Tel: 098-936-7587
Hours: 11:00 – 22:00
*Accept major credit cards